Template files (added as of version 2.1) allow you to customize the display of the sign-up sheet specific pages allowing for greater flexibility with your site. The default version of these files is found in the the plugins directory sign-up-sheets-pro/theme-files.
Editing the Template
If you need to modify any of these template files, please remember to do so in an upgrade-safe way. To do this, just copy the files from the theme-files directory to the directory of your theme or child theme. Now you can go ahead and edit your copied file without worrying about your changes being overwritten next time an update comes out for Sign-up Sheets Pro.
As an example, To override the main page for each sheet just copy…
and place it in…
You can then feel free to edit the wp-content/themes/your-theme/content-dlssus_sheet.php file as needed.
Types of Templates
Templates files may have one of three prefixes (which identify their function) followed by the post type. Example: single-dlssus_sheet.php.
- single – This is the main wrapper for the individual page content and is often best kept fairly simple. This file should always call the content file inside of it with dlssus_get_template_part( ‘content’ );
- content – This is the actual content of the page and includes things like the page title and other elements.
- archive – This is the list page of all items. Example: the archive-dlssus_sheet.php file handles the display for the default page were you can view all your sheets without using a the shortcode which is viewable at your site url followed by /sheet such as https://www.example.com/sheet
- dlssus_sheet – the actual sign-up sheet
- dlssus_task – the sign-up form for each task
Please note that we are unable to offer support for customizations to template files under our normal support agreement. If you need assistance customizing these into your theme, please contact us to request a quote and we would be happy to help.