About the Company
The Beistle Company, or simply Beistle, is an American company known for manufacturing holiday decorations and party goods and is particularly known for its catalog of Halloween decorations. Beistle was founded in 1900 in Pennsylvania by Martin Luther Beistle, who created the company after being inspired by his experiences as a calendar salesperson and his exposure to a form of paper craft during a visit to Germany.
- The website design was dated and did not support mobile screens well.
- There was poor navigation that lacked web accessibility features.
- Backend administrative functionality was limited and out of reach for sales and support personnel.
- Pricing rules were highly complicated based on multiple customer, product, and quantity variables.
- The eCommerce solution required a complex and critical integration with ERP system.
- There were two distinct product lines, standard products, and customized promotional products, all with separate pricing and ordering procedures rules. Custom ASI products were not integrated into the existing eCommerce store.
The Beistle Company’s new Magento eCommerce website has been a resounding success, achieving significant improvements in several key areas:
Improved Site Design and Mobile Responsiveness
The new website design is fresh, modern, and fully responsive, ensuring a seamless user experience across all devices. The website now supports mobile screens well, contributing to increased traffic and sales from mobile users.
Enhanced Navigation and Web Accessibility
The new navigation system includes search, category menus, and new products on all pages, making it easier for customers to find what they want. The new website also includes web accessibility features that ensure compliance with accessibility standards, making it easier for customers with disabilities to use the site.
Streamlined Backend Admin Functionality
The new Magento Admin provides role-based permissions, opening intuitive interfaces to the data entry and reporting tools each employee needs. This has significantly improved the workflow of sales and support personnel.
Improved Pricing Rules
Custom catalog and cart pricing modules were coded to implement the complicated business rules. This has enabled the company to offer more flexible pricing options to its customers, resulting in increased sales and revenue.
Custom ERP Integration
A custom ERP synch module was coded to import and export critical data between Magento and the ERP system. This has enabled the company to automate key business processes, improving efficiency and reducing errors.
Customizable ASI Products
Customizable ASI products were brought into the catalog as a separate product type with custom-coded modules that support seamlessly searching and ordering them with the unique pricing and process options required. This has enabled the company to offer its customers a wider range of products, increasing sales and revenue.