Custom Software Development
Software crafted to solve your unique needs
You can’t develop game-changing software on yesterday’s technology. That’s what Liventus makes it our business to operate on the cutting edge—the most current and disruptive programming languages, platforms, cloud service stacks, collaboration hubs, and data security controls. We’re never out of date—which means, your solution will never be out of date.
Custom software isn’t window dressing—just like you, that software has a job to do. Liventus develops definitive software solutions by beginning with the end in mind—defining the problem to be solved, and then relentlessly devising the most efficient, elegant software solution possible. We’re not done until your software solution does exactly what you need it to do.
Start by solving the right problem
Software development succeeds when the developers understand exactly what problem they are trying to solve and why. The Liventus development process starts with an in-depth look into the client organization as we tease out the nuances of the end goal …
What is the business need?
When all is said and done, how exactly will this solution help your business grow? Cut costs? Drive revenue? Spark productivity? Automate crucial systems? Great software solutions fulfill a specific business need. Let’s get clear up front what that need is.
What problem will the software solve?
What, ultimately, is standing in the way of fulfilling the business need we just identified? Too much data? Too little data? Cumbersome execution? Lack of automation? Outdated tech? Every problem has a solution, but identifying the problem is a crucial first step.
How will users benefit?
Who are your users, and what do they need? Are they your customers? Your employees? Vendors? Stakeholders? Whose life is made easier by solving this problem? Great software solutions not only help the most people—they help the right people.
Now you can focus on developing the right solution
Ready to work with the right partner to develop your custom software?
Select a custom software development partner who will help you succeed
The most important factor in the success of your custom software solution is to partner with the right developer. Liventus treats every development project like it was our own. We haven’t succeeded unless the resulting app contributes to your success.
Work with a partner who understands your business
Your custom software solution or web app needs to be as unique as your organization is. Ultimately, the goal of a custom app is to bring some part of your business—an internal process, an external customer experience, etc.—and bring it to life in digital format.
This only works if your development partner takes the time to get to know your business, from inside and out. It helps if the developer has experience in your industry, but more important is their ability to listen.
Even if it’s the first time working in your industry, a developer that takes the time to immerse themselves in your specific business and understand what makes it unique … that development project is more likely to succeed.
That’s why Liventus kicks off each custom software development project with in-depth interviews of all stakeholders, individually and in collaboration with the whole team. It’s a conceptual journey into the question—“Who are we as a company and as a brand? And what would the perfect software solution for our brand look like?”
Empower your IT team
If your organization has a dedicated IT team, we’re here for it. This team may be the most important stakeholder to get on board. After all, customers or other stakeholders may use the custom app, but the IT team actually has to take the handoff and work with the app.
They’re the ones who will be on hand to troubleshoot, fix bugs, implement improvements … Your custom software development project will be hobbled if we as developers don’t pull our oars in the same direction as your IT team.
That’s why Priority #1 for Liventus is to create consensus with your IT team—to play to their strengths, preferences, and core skill sets. We make it clear that we’re here to help, but one day soon it’s going to be their show. We want to develop the kind of software that they feel empowered—even excited—to get behind the wheel of.
Collaborate to achieve outstanding results
No one develops an amazing custom software solution all by themselves—not even the world’s greatest software developer. The best custom apps arise from team efforts. Not only do you need the right team, but the right relationships between team members.
You need trust, comity, and a commitment to the big picture, free of jealousy and turf wars. The needs of one stakeholder must take a back seat to the best interests of the team.
Liventus lays the groundwork for a fruitful collaboration right from the get-go. We go out of our way to include every critical stakeholder in the conversation—to make sure their needs, wishes, and concerns form an integral part of the development process from conception to execution.
We don’t believe in a siloed approach. Our process depends on feedback from the whole team—which means that everyone needs to be in the loop at all times. Transparency and cooperation are our friends … because they lead to better results.
Is Liventus the partner you are looking for?
The Liventus Custom Software Development Advantage
When you partner with Liventus, you bolster your team with one of the oldest and most trusted brands in the custom software development universe. Liventus brings a priceless array of assets to each custom software development project, including:
Our team has comprehensive experience with the most cutting-edge platforms, programming languages, and technology stacks. If it can be done, a Liventus development team can do it.
Leaders in the custom software development space since 2002, Liventus has developed game-changing, award-winning software solutions across multiple industries.
On-time and on-budget
We take the trust our clients impart to us very seriously. We know how frustrating cost overruns and delays can be, and we step up with a commitment to delivering on-time and on-budget.
We are the proud recipients of several prestigious industry awards that show how committed we are to achieving excellence in what we do
Our work speaks for itself
Why Clients Like Working with Liventus
Insights Into Our Expertise
Liventus Helps Securely Integrate DocuSign into CRM
How To Evaluate Your Technology Partner
eCommerce Business Protection with Webscale CloudEDGE Security
Frequently Asked Questions About Custom Software Development
Why should my company invest in custom software development?
It’s a reasonable question—why go custom, and not save some money with an off-the-shelf software solution? Here’s why:
- Every business is different. No off-the-shelf software solution does everything you need it to, and many do more things than you need them to, resulting in inefficiencies. A custom software solution addresses not only your unique processes, but also your chosen integrations and tech stack.
- Gain a competitive advantage. A bespoke software solution streamlines operations, increases user engagement, cuts costs, increases revenue, and improves your ability to deliver value as an organization. This gives you an edge that will make it hard for competitors to touch you.
- Software that grows with you. Every business that grows must change and adapt to evolving needs. A custom software solution can evolve with you. Your software should never become a bottleneck—it should make it easier to grow, not harder. Custom software solutions can adapt to encompass any scale and function you need it to.
What types of companies have Liventus developed custom software for?
Liventus has developed custom software solutions for companies in a wide variety of companies in a diverse selection of industries, helping them streamline processes, grow their businesses, and protect essential data.
Industries for which we have developed or consulted on the development of bespoke software include:
- Finance and Leasing
- Retiree Services
What can I expect from a project management standpoint?
Every custom software development project is different. Liventus takes one of two approaches, depending on the client and their needs:
- Cooperative Development. We collaborate with the client’s CTO and in-house IT staff to create the perfect solution. This method intimately involves the team that will be responsible for maintaining the software solution long-term.
- Full Life Cycle Development. We assume responsibility for the development project from start-to-finish. We essentially are the IT, and we stand by our work with a commitment to continuity and long-term service relationships to keep the app working in peak condition.
Whichever approach we take, we follow a standard workflow of agile development that leaves a great deal of room for the eccentricities of each project to express themselves, resulting in a software solution that is truly unique and bespoke to you. This process includes:
- Discovery. We learn about your business and its requirements.
- Analyze. Define the scope and layout of a project roadmap.
- Design. Model the functions and features.
- Development. Upon design approval, the code development process begins.
- Test. We test the software solution, in your hands and in the hands of users.
- Integrate. The new app becomes a part of your existing systems.
- Support. Long-term maintenance of the app, fixing bugs and making improvements.
Is there a typical timeline and budget for a custom software development project?
Again, every custom software design project is different. The rough timeline of the development life cycle would look something like this:
- Discovery and Design: 2-4 weeks.
- Development: 3-6 months.
- Testing: 3-6 weeks.
The budgetary requirements of a custom software solution can vary widely. Factors that contribute to the big cost variance in the software development field include:
- Complexity of the software.
- Design requirements.
- The platform and operating system (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, etc.).
- Required system integrations.
- Required database migrations.
Small-scale custom software solutions can require a budget of $10,000 or less, while complex enterprise-level software could require a budget upwards of $100 million.
How flexible is your custom software development process?
The Liventus development process is very flexible. We deploy an agile process with scrum methodology—an iterative process of design, deployment, and feedback. The purpose of scrum is to deploy quickly, identify problems quickly, and fix them quickly.
It’s a process of constant communication and re-evaluation, full of opportunities to adapt or pivot as needed. That’s the advantage of scrum—adaptation is built into the development model. Changing project parameters aren’t just compatible with scrum—they’re expected.
- Planning. Define and document the system requirements in detail to prepare for the sprint.
- Design. Prototype each element and chart out the functionality logic.
- Construction. Code is scripted, reviewed, and subjected to unit testing.
- Testing. Perform integrated testing of all functions.
- Delivery. Handover of completed software.
- Review. Stakeholder feedback creates a roadmap for improvement and sets the requirements for the next sprint.
- Quality. The collaborative, iterative agile process results in a better final product.
There are other development methodologies out there, but we prefer agile for the following reasons:
- Flexibility. With feedback at each iteration, agile methodology gives us the chance to respond to new information and pivot as necessary.
- Productivity. By compiling a backlog and methodically burning it down through iterative development, the project is always moving forward, never stalled.
- Customer Focus. Agile methodology depends on consistent feedback from the stakeholders—meaning the client is in the loop at every stage.
- Risk Mitigation. Agile methodology decreases the risk of errors by keeping stakeholders and developers plugged into the development process.
Scrum consists of a series of “sprints,” with each sprint following a predictable sequence of events designed to push the project forward to the next iteration:
How much transparency is there in the development process?
One of the advantages of agile methodology is that it depends on complete transparency with client managers, stakeholders, and IT professionals. We keep our clients in the loop at every iteration to make sure that there are no surprises.
Stakeholder feedback is a crucial part of the process, enabling us to more easily do our jobs and deliver a software solution that meets or exceeds expectations, on time and on budget.
We maintain stakeholder communication and collaboration through:
- Consistent meetings, in person or by phone or teleconference as needed.
- Constant feedback at every iteration, to make sure stakeholder requirements are met.
- Adaptation to the unexpected. Changes in project parameters are inevitable, and our process is built to adapt seamlessly.
What technologies does Liventus work with?
Liventus maintains a tech stack that includes the latest solutions in software architecture, technologies, frameworks, design, UX, and platforms. Liventus clients can leverage this cutting-edge tech stack at will.
Our tech stack includes:
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- .NET Core
- Magento 2
- Microsoft C#.net
- Microsoft VB.net
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Power BI
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Sentinel
Cloud Tech Stack
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services
- Liventus Private Cloud
Communication and Collaboration
- Microsoft Teams
- Visual Studio
- Azure DevOps
Can you collaborate with our internal IT team?
Yes. For organizations with a CTO and/or an internal IT team in place, we fully expect to collaborate with those stakeholders—in fact, we’re happy to do so.
If the endgame for the software solution is to hand it over to an internal IT, we include that team as equal partners from the beginning. They will have the most exposure to the solution, so they should be closely involved in the development process.
How do I get a project started?
Contact us today! A Liventus representative will listen to your requirements and parameters, ask questions, offer feedback, and get the ball rolling on an estimate for your custom software development project.
What happens after my project is complete?
After your custom software development project is complete, we hand it over to you!
If you have an in-house IT team, we hand over support responsibilities to them. We stay on the job as long as it takes to make a smooth handoff. We’re not done until your IT team knows exactly how to handle any issues that may arise with the software.
If you don’t have an in-house IT team, Liventus stays involved as long as necessary, ironing out bugs and making improvements so that your custom software solution is the best it can be.